is to be the communication company that fulfills our customers’ needs and exceeds their service expectations allowing us to continually reinvest in new technologies to ensure the continued growth of our company and creating beneficial relationships for our employees, shareholders and communities in which we continue to do business as we have for over 100 years.
Our Vision Statement
Be an Innovator
Be an innovator in the electronic communications industry in our market area and provide packages of services that offer high value to the consumer, a profitable return to our company and its shareholders
Be a Good Citizen
Be a good citizen in the communities served by engaging in open, honest and direct communication.
Be ever mindful of our obligations to our employees with training, support and a working environment that maintains a focus on meeting the needs of customers with a positive attitude.
Meet Our Employees
General Manager, CEO
Joined in Sept. 2003.
Joined in Aug. 1997.
Network Operations Manager
Joined in April 2019.
Customer Service Rep
Joined in May 2003.
Joined in July 1997.
Joined in Oct. 2014.
Board of Directors
Allan Armbrecht- President
Amy Lennie- Vice President
Edythe Lounsbury-Meller- Secretary
The first telephone exchange in Colo was owned by the Boone County Telephone Company. The switchboard was located in rooms above the Colo Savings Bank. In 1906, interest was generated in obtaining a locally owned telephone company. An offer to buy Boone County Telephone’s poles, wire, switchboard and the Colo franchise for $600 was turned down.
Undaunted, the Johnson’s Grove, Colo & New Albany Mutual Telephone Company was officially formed. The mutual decided to negotiate a long distance contract with Bell Telephone. By January 1907, Boone County Telephone Co. stopped providing all local service but retained ownership of the toll lines.
In 1957 a new aerial cable plant and headquarters building was constructed to house Colo’s first automatic central office, ending the era of the local operator. An all one-party buried cable plant was constructed in 1968, again with a new central office. Colo converted to digital switching in 1985 and a replacement digital switch was installed in 1995.